National Minimum Wage
The National Minimum Wage (from 1st January 2016) is €9.15 per hour. The National Minimum Wage applies to all employees except:
- Employees who are in their first year of employment since turning the age of 18 (€7.32 per hour)
- Employees who are under 18 years of age (€6.41 per hour)
- Employees who are in their second year of employment since turning 18 (€8.24 per hour)
- Employees who are close relatives of the employer
- Employees undergoing structured training such as an apprenticeship (other than hairdressing apprenticeships)
It was announced that from 1 January 2017, the statutory minimum wage will increase to €9.25 from €9.15 per hour.