Garda Representative Association Panel Solicitor
The Garda Síochána Ombudsman Commission have broad powers of investigation into the actions and conduct of members of An Garda Síochána. The Garda Síochána Act 2005 defines the powers of the Commission and the rights and obligations of members of the Force who have to deal with GSOC and its officers in any respect.
Since its inception the late Tom Murphy and Elizabeth Hughes have been advising members of their rights and obligations when dealing with investigators from GSOC. Together they co-authored an ebook which is constantly being updated and is provided free of charge to members of the force. Amongst the matters on which we advise are:
- Investigations pursuant to Section 98 of the 2005 Act – criminal allegation
- Investigations into alleged breaches of the Discipline Regulations
- Requests to provide a statement or account
- Powers of the Investigating Officers
- Rights and obligations of members of An Garda Síochána
For further information or to make an appointment call Hughes Murphy Solicitors on 1800 910 912 or submit the contact form below to arrange a callback.